I N T H E N E W S
2014 AA Field Day
Field Day has been changed to Monday, April 28, because of the weather. The new rain date is April 29.
AA Senior Azuolas B. Delivers Chapel Talk
2014, Apr 14 – Life is a journey, said Azuolas B. in his chapel talk, which he delivered on April 2 to a gathering of students, faculty, and guests. “My journey so far brought me to this beautiful place [Amelia]. Even though ... Read more
AA Senior Walter B. Delivers Chapel Talk
2014, Apr 7 – Pursuing a goal requires more than just talent, said Walter B., in his chapel talk, delivered on March 26. In fact, he said, that having a “passion” for a career, hobby, or sports in his case, can make the difference. Read more
Celebrating Grandparents at AA
2014, Apr 7 – Amelia Academy recognized their grandparents on Monday, March 31. Grandparents had lunch with their grandchildren, and then enjoyed entertainment from each class in grades preschool through the fifth grade. Read more
AA Ninth-grader Seth Z. to Attend Virginia Tech Summer Program
2014, Apr 7 – Seth Z., a ninth-grader at Amelia Academy, has been accepted into the Building Leaders for Advancing Science and Technology (BLAST). Seth was ... Read more
AA Book Fair: Online Until April 21
The online book fair continues until until April 21. The last day for the in school book fair is Wednesday, April 2,
at 3 p.m. Find out more
S P O R T S N E W S
S C O R E B O A R D : Softball and Baseball
Varsity Softball vs Kenston • Doubleheader • Mon, Apr 14 • L
Varsity Softball vs Fuqua • Thu, Apr 10 • 11-1 L
JV Baseball vs Fuqua • Thu, Apr 10 • 9-2 L
Varsity Softball vs BSH • Thu, Apr 3 • 17-0 W
Baseball and Softball Highlights
2014, Apr 7 – The Amelia Academy J.V. baseball team played their first game of the season on Tuesday, April 1, at home. The Patriots lost this game to Tidewater Academy. Read more
Softball Season Begins!
2014, Mar 31 – The Amelia Academy softball team played their first game of the 2014 season on Thursday, March 27, against Southampton Academy. Read more
Next Subway Night is Wednesday, April 16, 2014!
On the third Wednesday of each month through the end of the school year, Subway will donate $1.00 to AA Boosters for every combo meal sold between 4 and 7 p.m.
A TIME TO CELEBRATE
This year is a time to celebrate all the people who worked to create Amelia Academy.
It’s Time to Celebrate … Fifty Facts About AA
- The A-roof was added to the gymnasium in 1983.
- In 1997, the weight room was built at the edge of the baseball field, named Mac’s Shack for Pistol McMillian.
- The cafeteria, computer lab, and office space were completed in 2001.
- The Academy has eight chairs of the Board of Directors and eight headmasters.
- Mrs. Lewis was a teacher at the Academy for 43 years, longer than any other teacher or administrator.
- Mr. Bob Lane was the Academy’s first headmaster.
- The first headmaster’s office was in the current business office.
- The current headmaster’s office was a classroom and then a teachers’ lounge.
M A R K Y O U R C A L E N D A R
- Wednesday, April 16, 4 – 7 pm
Amelia Academy Subway Night
- Thursday, April 17
Easter Chapel – Dismiss at 11:46 am
- Friday, April 18
No School – Easter Friday
- Monday-Friday, April 21-25
- Monday, April 28
Field Day (Pre-k – Grade 7)
- Tuesday, April 29
Progress Reports Go Home
- Tuesday, April 29, 4:30 pm
Away vs Southampton Academy
- Wednesday, April 30, 4:30 pm
Away vs Blessed Sacrament – Huguenot
- Thursday, May 1, 4:30 pm
Away vs Brunswick Academy
- Thursday, May 1, 4:30 pm
Away vs Tidewater Academy
- Friday, May 2, 11 am – 2:54 pm
- Friday, May 2, 4:30 pm
Varsity Softball and JV Baseball
Home vs Fuqua School
- Saturday, May 3
50th Anniversary Celebration